sr Maintenance Manager - Riverside, ca
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Riverside
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
A day in the life...
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices, timely training, and best practices
- Partner with Senior Facilities leadership and Operations General Manager to provide the strategy, vision, and continuous improvement plan that drive facility personnel to advance the quality of service
- Inspect buildings' physical plant routinely to guarantee that building services are at the highest level of quality standards. Monitor and review preventive maintenance programs
- Strategically lead the Nordstrom site to improvements in the reliability of the production assets through a proactive approach.
- Drive optimal facility performance through management of third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties. Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support contract agreements
- Lead and assist in site incident investigation, utilizing structured problem solving to identify root cause of failures
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets, meeting targets as defined in KPIs; and, provide written variance analysis for any gaps. Develop and manage property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans.
- Provide leadership, mentor and manage site-based Managers and Technicians. Promote a high-performance team through specific, enriched feedback to enhance individual performance, and provide associates with written performance appraisals including discipline and up to termination.
- Develop and implement Reliability plans that support increasing the Uptime of the facility
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes, and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Drive maintenance Best Practices: Innovate, document, improve work methods, standardize, provide a safe work environment and require safe work practices, train, commission equipment, collect, measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve processes and improve Nordstrom customers experience.You've got this if...
- Minimum of eight years of direct supervision of multi-building operations, automation, reliability, fulfillment/supply chain. Prior retail/warehouse experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing 24/7 operations in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think big! Proficient data analyst and new processes developer/adapter
- Self-starter. Strong evidence of driving goals with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Proven experience using data to develop trends and insights that influence decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Prior experience with HVAC, controls, HVAC, generators, compressors, energy, logistics, robotics....
- Six Sigma, Lean, TPC, FMP, CFM or other operational excellence methodology certifications preferred
- BOMA membership or other Facilities Management associations are a plus
- Excellent project management skills to ensure timely and accurate delivery of related projects
- Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and possess strong written, verbal and people skills. Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed.