sr. Manager, Cross Dock & Store Delivery Transportation Procurement
Country : USA
State : South Carolina
County : York County
Town : Fort Mill
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsibilities include the successful development, implementation and maintenance of provider programs and transportation strategies for all cross-dock and store delivery, ensuring excellent service, competitive costs and consistent capacity supporting both Ross Dress for less and dd's discounts brands.This position is responsible for all aspects of the final mile transportation activities to include: systemic controls, process controls, risk mitigation strategies, contract management, relationship management, bid events, negotiations, benchmarking activities, industry outlook, provider relationships, 5 year strategic and financial planning and timely systemic updates to ensure stable capacity solutions at controlled costs.Responsibilities include the development of cost controls, strategies and analysis to meet transportation expense targets with an annual freight budget exceeding $250M.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Strategic Sourcing Activities:
- Lead the development and execution of activities, to support Cross Dock & Store Delivery Transportation movements within service level expectations and budgeted costs.
- Responsible for the development, procurement and sustainability of a service provider network to meet and exceed the requirements of Ross Stores, Inc. consistent with the supply-chain strategy. The service provider network must support cost controls, performance metrics, capacity requirements, company growth and business continuity.
- Develop and refine provider Cost+ rate structures that enable provider accountability, cost savings with productivity and process improvements, and support organizations budgeting requirements.
- Develop and direct strategic initiatives to support expense targets, required performance standards, capacity requirements, and future growth opportunities.
- Develop executable Business Continuity strategy to minimize interruptions with inventory flow.
- Negotiate provider contracts and agreements limiting organization risk.
- Develop budget and 5-year financial plans aligned to strategic cross-dock & Store delivery plans and Ross financial targets.
- Develop strategic bid plans considering current and future industry state, aligning to the strategic cross-dock & store delivery transportation plans and Ross financial targets.
- Strategic plans should include market mitigation of transportation, warehouse and labor costs.
- Responsible for benchmarking and industry outlook reviews, supporting the ability to meet current and future financial targets and the refinement of current and future strategic and financial objectives.
- Responsible to drive negotiations to control costs.
- Develop, validate and facilitate award scenarios, recommendations, executive materials, executive reviews and implementation of solution.
- Ensure timely systemic implementation and communications resulting from all rate, capacity and provider assignment negotiations to required business partners.Controls:
- Responsible to foster professional business relationships with Ross business partners, ensuring relationships with vendors and suppliers are based on price, quality, security, service, sustainability and reputation, carefully guarding the professional integrity of Ross. These relationships will be supported by adherence to Ross contracting processes and the Ross Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policy, specifically maintaining an objective assessment of vendors and suppliers.
- Review and assess contracts for consistency, and to ensure required content as directed by the Ross supply chain strategy.
- Collaborate with internal & external legal counsel and risk management resources to ensure compliance with Ross overarching sourcing strategy.
- Ensure controls are in place and validated to support contractual, insurance and risk management compliance with current legal regulations and Ross/dd's DISCOUNTS.
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure Ross meets standards established internally and complies with all cross-dock & store delivery transportation regulatory requirements.
- Ensure processes and controls are in place to accurately support the validation and confirmation invoice payments.
- Maintain compliance with Ross' Code of Conduct and Business Ethics, specifically maintaining an objective assessment of vendors and supplier's
- Ensure confidentiality of all Ross sensitive information services. Other:
- Lead, manage and develop direct reports to meet all performance metrics.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relation's environment, remaining issue free.
- Develop annual goals and objectives, perform midyear and annual performance reviews, support individual development plans and grow individual team member competencies to strengthen the supply chain bench strength and succession plans.
- Perform all projects requested by the Director, Transportation Procurement. COMPETENCIES:
- Analysis and Judgment
- Credibility and Trust
- Builds Organizational Capability
- Drive Results
- Values Driven
- Confronting Tough IssuesQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 7 years transportation procurement and contractual experience
- Minimum 5 years manager level experience
- Preferred 4-6 years of retail cross-dock & store delivery transportation experience
- Knowledge of transportation regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical skills required
- Data driven approach to problem solving
- Experience working within a Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Broad logistics expertise
- Broad working knowledge of transportation, contracts, contractual language, claims and insurance requirements
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills and be able to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside the company
- Strategic thinking: ability to identify long-term issues and develop mitigation solutions
- Project management skills are a plus
- Skillful negotiator
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel, and Access
- Travel required up to 25%PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc. Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Managers - Transportation Cross-dock & store delivery Procurement1-2 Exempt and non-exempt support staffDISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered cross-dock & store delivery partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.