sr. Manager, Merchandise Planning & Inventory Management Strategy
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our fast-growing team that is delivering AI-based and digitized capabilities to the demand and supply planning functions at LS&Co. You will establish and lead the strategic direction of all AI and Digital strategies for the Merchandise Planning & Inventory Management (MPIM) function, in collaboration with the MPIM Leadership team.
We are looking for someone to bring a strategic perspective, grounded in data, with empathy and creativity to increase results. You will report to the Senior Director of Strategy, Data Science & Business Systems for Merchandise Planning.
About the Job
- Manage overall strategic project deliverables from conception of project charter through to adoption e.g., redefine go to market process, establish transformation operating model (process, technology, roles & responsibilities, metrics and org design), conduct current state mapping, determine new digital capabilities related to supply chain and planning
- Be a project leader on major strategic programs. Lead teams during the diagnosis/evaluation, design/implementation and execution phases.
- Support digital and AI roadmap (for 'Project Trinity') definition with regional leaders, data science and engineering leads and global business lead including our strategy, how that ties to product vision, functionalities to accomplish that vision, understanding of metrics /processes to support that
- Conduct market bench-marking; understand best practices in AI and data science in the industry; understand what others are doing in consumer and apparel to inform our approach and roadmap.
- Structure and conduct analysis to inform questions; gather and combine relevant data, lead analyses and develop recommendations - e.g., ongoing Trinity measurement methodology, hypotheses to help inform model development.
- Support AI model development where required - conduct data validation, review model results, develop standard frameworks to guide how other planners work and work with the data science team.
- Set overall best practices for Project Trinity - timelines, templates, model reviews, data needs
- Lead discussions involving partners to help gain agreement on questions that arise during plans
- Lead "Agency" Trinity work stream to determine revised roles and processes to ensure DS and AI in the planning ecosystem
- Guide Trinity business case, identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and milestones, and manage success of related strategic and operational projects
- Develop PMO materials for Project Trinity; Own and provide strategic presentations that guide executive decision-making around primary business issues
- Pressure test approach and results as check ins with the team
- Establish collaborative and trusting relationships with key internal leaders and team members to ensure that there is free flow of ideas and information across the business, leading to suitable strategy formulation and overall performance enhancement.
- Lead direct report
- 6+ years of experience, including 1+ years' experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, or equivalent experience in internal strategy position
- Experience in merchandise planning, data analytics, demand forecasting, inventory management, allocation / replenishment or financial planning
- Experience in Digital and AI-based projects
- Experience leading transformational projects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) required; can build templates, use reporting tools/ systems, manipulate large quantities of data to guide insights and decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint with the ability to create presentations of messages and story-line developed from analytical work
- Apparel industry experience