sr. Manager, Strategy
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Analyze business problems and develop insights into root causes and improvement opportunities. Build consensus for implementing improvements.
- Understand the off-price business and diagnose key business problems.
- Establish effective working relationships across the organization and direct the work of junior level Strategy team members
- Create and execute plans to gather data and develop practical solutions through qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Present materials and lead discussions with executives for data gathering and solution development
- Effectively translate project analysis/insights and into executive ready communications
Perform practical, action oriented, & comprehensive data analysis in support of Strategic business initiatives
- Lead, manage and coordinate analysis- including pulling data, building models and analyzing
financial, operational or statistical data - to support key strategic priorities for the Company (working in conjunction with Strategy team members and other key senior executives), present as needed to senior management and make recommendations as appropriate
- Develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally (e.g. Board meetings, Buyer meetings, Operating Committee meetings, Strategic off-sites etc.)
Support key cross-functional initiatives
- Lead, manage and coordinate analysis for select cross-functional initiatives (e.g. new format improvement, roll-out strategy for new business opportunities). This will require working closely with store operations, DCs and other areas of the business and overall end to end management of the analysis and work plan.
Drive customer insights across formats
- Lead, manage and coordinate consumer research to provide insight on strategy issues for the company and for individual businesses and make recommendations as appropriate
- Manage external research, information vendors and system providers
Monitor ongoing and ad hoc internal and external events
- Manage ad hoc business and competitive intelligence and insights for key senior executives: e.g. new store performance, competitive information, mergers & acquisitions
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
- Organizational Agility
- Manages Conflict
- Business Acumen
- Leading by Example
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- College degree and MBA, preferably with 5-7 years post education experience in an analytical environment, corporate strategy role, or financial services firm
- Outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to structure problems.
- Project management: Must be able to set priorities between multiple projects and deadlines, and keep senior team updated frequently.
- Detail-oriented approach: Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right.
- Teamwork/Communication: Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within and outside the Strategy team. Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with executives at all levels of the company.
- Strong fundamental business skills: must be Excel and PowerPoint proficient.
- Clear understanding of basic financial, statistical and economic concepts
- Advanced financial and statistical modeling skills and database analysis preferred.
No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.