sr. Manager Strategy, Global Operations
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Francisco County
Town : San Francisco
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
About the Opportunity
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry and join our newly formed Operations pillar that will set the industry standard of a connected operations ecosystem with consumers, customers and shareholders at the center of everything we do.
We are seeking an experienced Strategy Manager who will facilitate and unlock the strategic vision of our Operations team. Specifically, this role will work in primary support of the Merchandise Planning and Inventory Management (MPIM) team. In leading the MPIM Strategy, you will drive initiatives related to global planning and allocation, improvement in existing processes and systems, assortment productivity and profitability through advanced analytics.
In this role you will need to manage overall project deliverables from conception of project charter through to adoption. You will conduct market benchmarking, perform analyses to evaluate initiatives, obtain alignment on key business decisions, and define & monitor success. This position will need to work closely with Global Merchandise Planning, Global Supply Management and Regional MPIM teams. This role will report to the Vice President of Strategy for Global Operations.
- Lead the annual strategic planning process and annual business planning and budgeting process for the MPIM function
- Lead and execute high-priority strategic and operational projects
- Structure and conduct analysis to inform key questions; gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analyses and develop recommendations
- Partner with the SVP of MPIM to develop long term strategies and accompanying roadmaps
- Work closely with a cross-functional teams including Global Merchandise Planning, Global Supply Management and Regional MPIM teams
- Lead discussions involving business partners to help gain consensus on critical questions that arise during initiatives
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of competitive trends. Monitor the marketplace to identify and assess key industry trends that can inform MPIM strategy and operational plans.
- Develop business case, identify key performance indicators (KPIs) and milestones, and manage and track success of strategic and operational initiatives
- Own and deliver strategic presentations that guide executive decision-making around core business issues
- Conduct market benchmarking
- 5+ years of experience, including at least 2 years' experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, or equivalent experience in internal strategy position
- MBA preferred
- Experience in merchandise planning, strategy, data analytics, demand forecasting, inventory management, allocation / replenishment and / or financial planning
- Experience leading transformational projects
- Exceptional problem-solving, business judgment, and analytical skills
- Relentlessly resourceful and able to drive projects autonomously
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; must be able to build templates, use reporting tools/ systems, manipulate large quantities of data to drive business insights and decisions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint with ability to craft presentations of key messages and storyline developed from analytical work
- Apparel industry experience a plus
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.