sr Manager, Technical Program Management
Country : USA
State : District of Columbia
County : District of Columbia
Town : Washington
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
Sr Manager, Technical Program Management - HR Technology
Nordstrom Technology is looking for a Sr Manager of Technical Program Management for HR Technology. Our team is responsible for delivering technology solutions supporting the Employee Experience and supports the comprehensive services and applications that enable Human Capital Management, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Time, Talent, Learning, and Workforce Management. Our goal is to deliver a best in class experience for our employees by furnishing the tools and enabling the processes through technology that are needed to deliver engaging experiences aimed at talent attraction and retention. The Sr Manager, Technical Program Management will be a key member of our leadership team and will support of team a Technical Program Managers leading complex and cross-team programs to achieve our product and technology vision which is to develop and implement exciting and captivating employee-focused features and services. The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management experience as well as experience leading and implementing Agile practices.
A day in the life...
- End to end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution
- Driving the roadmap and technical vision for the teams, collaborate with product groups and partner teams to deliver value to our customers
- Along with business initiatives, you will also lead the definition and execution of strategic projects aimed at reducing the total cost and time to market for launch
- Partner closely with business, product, and operations leadership to define the product and provide updates
- Owns direct communication with leadership team
- At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, budget tracking, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning
- You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment.
- You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus
- You will lead and manage a team of TPMs. Growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated tech program managers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Hire capable and motivated talent/teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver solutions aligned with business needs
- 5+ years of experience in hiring, managing and developing people
- Technology background, especially in a cloud-based architecture with a deep understanding of software development, passion for data and analytics
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional software projects
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time, be able to guide a team toward an objective
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with stakeholders and key partners for the program
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong judgment, especially relevant in balancing long-term strategic investments with near term business goals, and ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with engineering teams, business owners, and senior leaders
- An understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Prior Workday and Time & Attendance experience would be a plus Who you are...
- A trendsetter. You thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with leading edge technologies.
- A teacher. You're able to mentor your peers and help our team grow.
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding.
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology's sake.
- An empath. You understand what the customer needs and use that perspective to create the best user experience. How we work...
- With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don't encourage silos.
- With agility. We don't believe in following a process for process's sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company.
- With data. We use lean principles and flow metrics to increase transparency and predictability in delivery while collecting feedback for continuous improvement.