sr Marketing Project Manager, Loyalty
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at nearly 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week.
For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom (http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/news.aspx).
For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com (http://www.abullseyeview.com/) or follow TargetNews (https://twitter.com/targetnews) on Twitter.
Description: Sr Marketing Project Manager - Loyalty
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Sr Marketing Project Manager - Loyalty, you’ll be a driving force in Target Loyalty by leading the project management of initiatives from concept through delivery. Design “how” Loyalty work is accomplished by planning, organizing, managing and executing project plans/processes in addition to serving as the single point of contact for partners. You will drive project coordination, establish and communicate detailed timing and deliverables by channel/tactic for multiple projects simultaneously, and set clear expectations with partners. Leverage your critical thinking to connect across Loyalty projects, proactively identify risks and roadblocks, integrate and balance big picture with day-to-day work, and ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities throughout the project workflow.
- Foster a seamless and consistent project management experience inclusive of services, partnership, process, attitude and outputs
- Ongoing partnership with PM peers to integrate knowledge, share learnings, produce reporting, surface risks and facilitate meetings
- Collaborate with PM peers to develop, implement, assess and evolve Loyalty project management tools, processes, workflow and operational efforts incorporating industry and enterprise best practices
- Play a leadership role in the management of projects by:
- Driving process for key bodies of work to ensure clear scope and on-time delivery across all relevant business and partner teams
- Supporting Initiative Owners and project teams to build out and manage timing & actions along with dashboards and key approval milestones
- Building relationships and working cross-functionally to drive the successful and on-time completion of assigned Loyalty projects
- Monitoring project progress, reporting on performance and proactively communicating with key stakeholders in partnership with Initiative Owners
- Troubleshooting and identifying risks that may impede projects from meeting deadlines while offering strategic solutions to best keep partners and the work moving forward
- Support the Strategy & Planning team and broader Loyalty department
- Ongoing assessment and management of the annual plan to track outcomes against goals, confirm or update prioritization, and secure commitments for resourcing across the enterprise
- Maintain the comprehensive program portfolio of timing and deliverables across all PMs while identifying and surfacing the most significant risks and proposed actions
- Support strategic planning activities as needed including long-term and annual planning as well as competitive and trend analysis
- Contribute to Quarterly Business Review process, content and meetings
- Provide tools / reports in addition to planning and leading meetings that facilitate shared understanding, discuss progress and provide updates
- Advocate and early adopter of optimized tools, process and routines
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Proactive, ambitious and highly accountable
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects across a variety of content scope at one time
- Synthesize information, connect disparate pieces, think critically and communicate effectively
- Surface solutions from a cross-functional perspective
- Strong organization, planning and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working through issues<br />
- Influence at all levels and develop effective working relationships between teams and client partners with a positive attitude
- Openly solicit feedback to continuously improve the value of your work
- Demonstrated ability to hold others accountable at all levels of an organization and across partner teams
- Foster a continuous learning and improvement culture
- College degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years Marketing, Strategy, Project Management and/or related experience
- PMP certification - desired
- Financial and measurement acumen
- Smartsheets experience (project management system) - desired