sr. Operations Manager
Country : USA
State : South Carolina
County : York County
Town : Rock Hill
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: % OF TIME
- Interfaces with Director of Operations and Merchandise Managers on DC production planning, operations and staffing needs. Is the single point of contact on the PM shift to address DC MIS, Security, Production and Merchandise flow issues. 30%
- Tracks area objectives and coaches Area Supervisors to reach their group's productivity goals. Responsible to ensure quality of work and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the production records, reports and numbers. 20%
- Acts as a troubleshooter to assist in resolving day-to-day problems, as well as long-term resolution planning. Researches inefficiencies in problem areas and makes recommendation, in methods, procedures, or systems, to Director of Operations and Merchandise Managers. 20%
- Meets with Area Supervisors to stay abreast of shift priorities and opportunities. Provides Area Supervisors operational guidance in organizing and prioritizing daily work and staffing needs to meet production goals. 10%
- Enforces DC safety and sanitation policy and maintains a safe and clean DC. 5%
- Enhances morale through coaching, counseling, and building a strong team work ethic. Recommends, interprets, implements, and makes decisions to resolve conflicts according to company and Distribution Center guidelines and philosophies. 10%
- Partners with the Human Resource Department regarding reviews, interviewing, hiring, terminations, and corrective counseling within responsible area. 5%
- Other job duties as assigned.
PM Merchandise Managers
- Leadership - Collaboration
- Coaching - Drives Results
- Decisiveness - Interpersonal
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written)
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years management experience in a similar retail production/distribution environment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.