sr. Operations Manager - Fresno
Country : USA
State : California
County : Fresno
Town : Fresno
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Leads department in a technical, fast paced, deadline driven environment that emphasizes process automation.
- Develop, lead, and implement strategic and tactical objectives supporting DC goals, budget, and customer service initiatives.
- Troubleshoot operational issues and take corrective action to ensure standards, budgets, and customer service are met.
- Develops best practices and performance standards to drive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide leadership and maintain a department-wide team attitude environment.
- Leverage data and resources to identify operational opportunities and develop improvement methods and procedures.
- Ensure effective cross-functional communication occurs to resolve issues and accomplish goals.
- Modifies and communicates shifts in plans, goals, actions, or priorities to deal with changing situations and acts as a change agent.
- Provides leadership and seeks out developmental opportunities for direct reports in regards to training, performance management, employee motivation, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
- Solid analytical abilities.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to successfully execute initiatives with minimal guidance and accomplish stated goals.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience managing others in a high volume automated distribution environment. Retail distribution experience is a plus.
- Broad working knowledge of DC processes and operations. Thorough knowledge of RF Scanner and WMS systems functionality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in training, developing and providing direction to staff.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a leadership team.
- Demonstrated leadership, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships at various levels and influence decisions.
- Experience with conveyors, sortation systems, light directed technology, and carousels is preferred.
- Experience with SAP and heavy piece pick volume preferred.
- Work additional hours and/or days as needed, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that departmental objectives are accomplished.
- Significant walking, bending, standing.
- Climbing stairs.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Normal office demands.*LI-AA1