sr. Product Manager / sr. Initiatives Leader
Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Los Angeles
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Owning End 2 End readiness and timeliness of the initiative across technical, commercial and financial aspects.
- Leading the integration of the multi-functional team and leverage our innovation processes for breakthrough speed and productivity with quality execution.
- Collaborating with multi-functional partners to deliver a portfolio of initiatives that is sufficient to fulfill the brand innovation strategy in consumer offer, business scale and profitability, and meeting Coty standards.
- Building alignment with initiative stakeholders on all plans. Crisis-Like Collaboration. Drives and consolidate Initiative team recommendation (including Sku portfolio and sourcing, make vs buy).
- Ensureing the adherence to operating strategies for new launches or drives team options recommendation if need be to go out of operating strategy.
- Owning and driving any initiative issue to resolution while demonstrating courageous leadership and smart risk taking.
- Overseeing action plan led by planning and manufacturing teams and leading resolution plans in case of escalation through the alert process. Effectively frames & communicate to leadership to ensure fast decision making.
- Is the SPOC to divisional leadership for all initiative reporting, Gates decisions and change management. Coordinates communication and recommendations with functional leadership (across Supply chain, R&D and Commercial)
- Delivering the Initiative Success. Clarify business objectives and expectations, Deliver project Success Criteria. Focus on Business First, Project Second.
- Guiding initiative teams to develop holistic Gate-process-based learning to deliver on-time Commercial, Technical & Market readiness.
- Coaching the Initiative team members in delivering their tasks in synchronization and with efficient cross functional interaction in the project environment.
SR. MANAGER, INITIATIVES LEADER (PRODUCT MANAGER)
COTY PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY | LOS ANGELES (CALABASAS)
We are looking for a Product Initiative Leader to join our OPI Supply Chain Team to lead the activities of a multi-functional team to develop and execute a comprehensive initiative plan together that delivers in-market success. The Initiative Leader uses his/her expertise in Initiative Systems to deliver outstanding, breakthrough business results. The Initiative Leader collaborates with all the multi-functional team members, but especially with the Commercial/Brand Leader and Go-to-Market Leader to ensure that all necessary learning, qualification and execution activities of the initiative are completed in support of a successful launch. The Initiative Leader will be expected to manage a portfolio of projects which may vary between new product launches & Supply Chain design depending on Business needs.
- Project management experience - 2-3 years project management related experience essential
- Experience of Coty Operations and/or Beauty, FMCG, or Food industries.
- Understanding of new product development processes & stage gate approach
- Exposure to production environment & interaction of packaging, process, manufacturing
- Strong Microsoft excel & Microsoft project capability
- Additional background in planning/purchasing/technical environment also beneficial
- Demonstrates a strong sense of individual accountability
- Makes fast decisions balancing intuition and facts
- Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
- Makes innovation happen within real-life constraints
- Learns from successes and failures, looks for and reapplies best practices
- Embraces and accelerates change in a fast-paced environment
- Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges
- Thrives on challenges and keeps a healthy attitude under pressure
- Demonstrates relevant business knowledge & financial awareness
- Is dedicated to driving the business in a profitable & sustainable way
- Adapts leadership style to situations & people, finds the right balance between delegation & control
- Gives constructive & actionable feedback to improved performance & development