sr. Product Owner - Master Data Management (Mdm)
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Middlesex County
Town : Marlborough
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Accountable to develop, establish and govern Master Data Solutions responsible to support Business Compliance initiatives
- Function as a Senior Product Owner for EIM Scrum teams
- Responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog independently
- Ensures that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on, with possible direction from more experienced POs or the Product Manager (where these exist)
- Analyzes business processes and elicits and defines user stories using industry standard techniques
- May have to provide limited mentorship to less experienced POs
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning and elaboration of user stories
- Act as the liaison between the business and/or Agile Product Manager and the Scrum/Agile Team
- Takes direction from the Agile Product Manager (where these exist) on Feature prioritization and decomposes into user stories.
- Refines the team backlog and ensures its visibility to partners in order to prioritize user stories
- Able to support 1-2 Agile teams in Information Management space.
- Develops a solid understanding of targeted business operations and assists in the analysis of related business processes.
- Acts as customer proxy and works with product management and other POs to prepare for the PI Planning meeting (where relevant)
- Attends relevant Product Management meetings about planning and backlog/Vision refinement
- As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO may be involved in Program Backlog refinement
- Participates in Team Demos and Retrospectives
- With some mentorship from more senior POs plays a key role in producing the System Demo for program and Value Stream holders
- With some guidance from more senior POs, drives iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories
- With some guidance from more senior POs, drives the story elaboration process for the Team, and ensures there is always a minimum of 2 sprints worth of ready stories in the backlog.
- Ensures the team understands items in the team backlog to the level needed
- Ensures the team's iteration goals are aligned to the PI/TI Objectives
- Attends and actively participates in Team Ceremonies: Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Iteration Review, Iteration Retrospective
- If part of an Agile Release Train (ART) the PO attends and actively participates in Release Train Ceremonies: PI Planning, System Demo, ART Sync, Inspect & Adapt
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) preferred.
- Experience handling Big Data.
- Compliance Domain experience.
- Solid understanding of ALM tools, Jira and Confluence.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff - competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Database, Data Management, Manager, Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, Technology, Data, Management, Operations
- 5+ years of related experience in an agile delivery framework, strategy or requirement development or Product Owner role.
- Experience working as a Product Owner in Information Management Domain.
- SAFe experience (required)
- Master data as a domain (required)
- Experience performing high level analysis of data (in terms of analytics or compliance).
- Can clearly demonstrate delivering artifacts for each project phase, and link the business value built with the process improvement.
- Established proficiency translating business needs into user stories that Teams can develop into finished deliverables.
- Good communicator of ongoing risks, scope trade-offs, and timeline impacts to partners to ensure alignment.