sr. Systems Analyst – Business Intelligence
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Morris County
Town : Parsippany-Troy Hills
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Partner closely with the product and technical teams, develop comprehensive user stories and/or functional requirements, business models and ensure there is alignment between all teams on the solution.
- Coordinate major incident and problem management, ensuring all steps during a production issue are being executed and addressed. Work with the development team to evaluate incident and problem resolutions and make recommendations to prevent repeated future problems.
- Manage scope and user expectations by working with business partners to prioritize the backlog and ensure that Stories are appropriately slotted for Sprints. Assist the Scrum Master in the development of detailed project plans and/or Epics and Release plans. Participate in daily Scrums and provide guidance to the team on design standards and conventions. Participate with the development team in Sprint Planning, daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives and conduct Backlog Grooming to produce working code each Sprint.
- Assist in the ongoing review and maintenance of technical support documentation to reflect newly discovered issues or improvements in the relevant systems.
- Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current enterprise application architecture and integrations.
- 6 to 8 years' experience in a Business or Systems Analyst role
- Experience working with business areas to understand their processes and problems, and proposing solutions based on that understanding.
- Experience designing Star Schemas in an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Experience defining Data Mart solutions
- Experience in retail and eCommerce
- Proven analyst skills spanning business functions and applications
- Full lifecycle solution development and experience working as part of a team that delivers high quality, working software.
- Demonstrated experience documenting User Stories and/or use cases and functional requirements.
- Basic SQL query skills and strong familiarity navigating database structures and integration design documentation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross functional departments in requirements and Backlog Grooming sessions
- Demonstrated ability to partner and liaison between business users and a technical development team
- Sensitivity to the multi-cultural characteristics of a global IT organizationPreferred
- 3+ years of Agile and SDLC experience
- Experience in multiple technology platforms (eCommerce, order management systems, analytics, CRM, email service providers, CMS, image repository, data warehouse, etc.)
- Experience with global & luxury brands
- Previous experience working on large transformational initiatives / re-platforms
- Previous experience developing BI Solutions in an integrated Data Warehouse environment