Store Operations Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Middlesex County
Town : Framingham
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides research, analysis and coordination of projects related to store tests, new concepts and underperforming store / market initiative(s). This role will research performance, identify areas of opportunity, interface with appropriate business constituents and make appropriate, fact based recommendations.
- Researches and identifies potential profit and productivity improvement initiatives through both financial and operational analysis focusing on the areas of leveraging current payroll base, improving sales per hour, and reducing non-payroll expense
- Provides ad-hoc analytical capability and support to Store Operations senior management and others as required.
- Provides analytic support to assess, influence and develop the annual financial plans
- Provides analytic support associated with the planning and development of the of the 5 year plan for Store Operations including sales plan development, exempt and non-exempt labor requirements, compensation assumptions, turnover analysis and resulting training requirements, controllable store expenses, regional and district staffing and expense plans, and Store Operations Home Office requirements.
- Special projects as required
We are all explorers!
Explore career opportunities at Sierra, where we strive to provide find professional advancement, individual recognition and even time for a life outside of work! As an Associate, you already know that Sierra is an off-price Internet and brick and mortar retailer of brand name outdoor gear, family apparel and footwear, sporting goods and home fashions at incredible savings every single day. With nearly 20 years of online sales and plans for upcoming store growth, it's a great time to join the Sierra team.
You can also feel good knowing that Sierra is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to Sierra, TJX's retail chains include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, as well as tjmaxx.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and Trade Secret in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
- Understanding of budget and financial analysis techniques, accounting principles and familiarity with systems development.
- Knowledge of interfacing and managing within a large decentralized field organization and store operation practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, presentation, and managerial skills.
- Excellent knowledge of multi-dimensional cube technology is preferred (COGNOS, BPC, Hyperion).
Minimum experience required to perform this job:
- 7-10 years of finance experience with 5 -7 years in a senior financial/accounting related position
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Framingham