Store Protection Specialist
Country : USA
State : Tennessee
County : Hamilton County
Town : Chattanooga
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Maintaining Safe & Secure Environment:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Provides visible "command" presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships:
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company dress code.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud:
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
Minimizing Operational Shortage:
- Increases Store awareness on effective processes to minimize operational shortage. Trains and educates Associates on shortage reduction initiatives.
- Observes and validates proper checkout procedures for Customers and Associates.
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.