Supply Chain - Secaucus, nj - Operations Manager
Country : USA
State : New Jersey
County : Hudson County
Town : Secaucus
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Responsible for the management of distribution department and all that it entails: Ensuring we meet or exceed our goals and targets, coach and counsel direct reports.
- Responsible for generating reports to management.
- Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Ability to perform presentations to the retail division and Sr. management when needed.
- Identify / develop / implement short and long term strategies which enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency for each of the operations departments.
- Continually analyze work processes to identify optimization opportunities and implement process improvements.
- Develop and maintain a work culture that is successful and committed to superior customer service.
- Develop and maintain procedures and metrics that assure customer service satisfaction levels are attained.
- Responsible for management of all aspects of inventory control.
- Responsible for driving and managing the change associated with organizational growth.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the development of training programs and ensures staff understanding of programs.
- Provides a safe work environment for staff. Develops and enforces Safe / Smart work practices. Ensures compliance with AOSE and safety program.
- Interfaces with IT as a user on systems development and refinement to improve operations, productivity and service levels.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Monday - Friday 630am - 330pm; with flexibility to adjust to peak periods.
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Required (Word, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal competencies to include: integrity, trust, adaptability, leadership, motivation, initiative, ability, coaching and mentoring skills. Proactive, responsive, detail-oriented and gets things done.
- Business and intellectual competencies to include: industry understanding of warehouse management, negotiation, strategic, tactical planning, and problem analysis skills, staff development skills, and creativity.
- Ability to successfully supervise/execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creative problem solving and innovative approaches to complex problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on process improvement, installing and maintaining best practices in the operational areas.
- Identifying and presenting opportunities for process and solution improvement.
- Ability to make sound decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Challenges status quo.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 50 pounds.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a management style that empowers and motivates others to achieve a common set of goals.
- Ability to build and foster teams, gain commitment from others and effectively manage the decision making process.
- Must possess exceptional leadership, mentoring and coaching skills.