Sustainability & Environmental Compliance Coordinator
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : La Habra
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
BUSINESS IMPACT STATEMENT The position will be responsible for reviewing the execution of field location operating practices and providing environmental & safety support to field locations in our markets. This person will drive compliance to local, state and federal regulatory requirements while also ensuring Risk & Compliance initiatives are integrated into business operations.
Drive overall best practice compliance and EHS performance at Stores and DCs/EFCs
- Leverage business partners and location leaders to improve operational effectiveness as well as improve environmental and safety compliance activities and performance
- Educate leadership on Risk & Compliance fundamentals and reinforce the important of understanding and executing operational and compliance programs
- Coordinate and conduct activities to promote best practice awareness and reduce claim frequency/severity
- Work directly with poor performing locations within the Territory
- Support the corporate safety team by responding to all regulatory inquiries and provide guidance relating to abatement activities.
- Provide support with regulatory permitting, filings and renewals, as assigned
- Conduct routine operational, environmental & safety audits/risk assessments to monitor building compliance and execution to company best practices
- Prepare and analyze compliance metric reports to identify trends
- Communicate results and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership and key business partners
- Coordinate compliance activities for environmental and/or safety opportunities identified in assessments
- Serve as a field resource with internal business partners to understand their environmental and safety needs.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Risk & Compliance materials, events and communication
- Enhance corporate and field audit process to ensure effective system utilization
- Maintains relationships with internal business partners to understand their audit, environmental and safety needs
- Educates internal business partners on emerging or controversial audit, safety and environmental compliance issues.
- Communicates and advises internal and external Corporate business partners on new or changing safety regulations.
- Communicate industry and technology trends in safety and environmental compliance
- Support General Liability, Safety, and/or Worker's Compensation with initiatives, projects, or other assigned work.
- Support Environmental with initiatives, projects, or other assigned work.
Conduct assessments to monitor and ensure compliance to operational and regulatory requirements
Participate in the development and implementation of environmental and safety-related initiatives
Communicate with business partners to educate and advise
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in environmental and/or safety-related disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must have good presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to conduct safety inspections in the field and fabrication facility
- Ability to conduct training classes for audiences at all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and proof training materials
- Proficient working with database and processing software, Excel, Word and similar systems
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) a plus
- Retail experience
- Experience with Sustainability Programs
- Experience in governmental agency interaction
- Passion for Safety
- Ability to travel up to 80%