Technical Accounting Manager
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Washington
Town : Beaverton
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
As a Manager on NIKE's Technical Accounting and Policy team, you will be a critical team member dedicated to supporting the Company through ensuring compliance with U.S. accounting requirements. You will also have the opportunity to promote training opportunities on accounting and policy matters!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
- Performing research on technical accounting issues and complex business transactions and detailing accounting conclusions
- Establishing robust relationships within NIKE Controlling and throughout the Company to gain a strong understanding of the business and current strategy and processes
- Building out a training program on NIKE accounting policies, including creating and delivering training and education materials to partners throughout the business
- Creating and maintaining an effective benchmarking network
- Preparing materials for NIKE disclosure and audit committees
- Running the NIKE Technical Accounting and Policy website, including maintenance of published technical accounting policies, the white paper repository, and the technical training calendar
- CPA, or equivalent certification
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of public accounting; additional experience working in a large multinational company and/or international experience is highly preferred
- Exposure to ERP accounting and finance systems such as SAP or Oracle preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, risks, and opportunities with the senior leadership team
- Proven ability to communicate complex and/or sensitive topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Effective time management skills and validated ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE's prior permission.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.