Technical Program Manager Senior – Grc Supplier Compliance
Country : USA
State : Colorado
County : Arapahoe County
Town : Centennial
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
Technical Program Manager Senior - GRC Supplier Compliance
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what's next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
A day in the life...
As a technical program manager on the Supplier Governance, Risk, & Compliance team, you will help drive our ability to meet customer, business, and industry expectations. You will partner across internal teams to design, build, and administer the program to review proposed revisions, execution, tracking, and compliance of assigned agreements and contracts. This role acts as a liaison between Technology, Security, Legal, Privacy, Business, and Strategic Sourcing teams, interacting with various leaders across the organization for prioritization and provide visibility, to ensure successful execution of agreements and contracts to mitigate risks and drive value, efficiency, and quality across the organization. The program will support comprehensive evaluation of contractual terms, including but not limited to security provisions, to meet the Nordstrom customer service mission of protecting customer data.
In this role, you will...
- Participate in the end-to-end contracting process, review contracts, and facilitate analysis and collaboration with various Nordstrom teams while leveraging industry insights to assist in making strategic recommendations
- Develop and execute on negotiation strategies and lead negotiations for moderate to complex contracts when required.
- Act as a key contact by providing guidance on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, and questions from the Nordstrom Sourcing and Legal teams
- Develop and manage requirements for the maintenance and improvements of supplier compliance management processes and systems
- Support the implementation and enforcement of contract policies
- Build processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Nordstrom policies and practices, and that contract policies and processes scale with changing business requirements
- Monitor compliance with contract requirements, and report on contract information, development status, and performance to appropriate internal teams
- Develop and deliver training to Nordstrom personnel regarding contractual compliance requirements, key policies, process, and tools to establish business relationships, and application to related policies
- Build and maintain solid working relationships with internal stakeholders by understanding the business organizational structure and culture.
- Experience managing a portfolio of complex contracts in the technology space; data privacy and data processing experience (including but not limited to CCPA, GDPR) is preferred
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) is preferred.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of Thomson Reuters Practical Law; working knowledge of Thomson Reuters Westlaw Edge or other litigation analytics tool preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the highest level of discretion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable working collaboratively in a team environment with all levels of the company, including executive management
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate easily in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- High-level understanding of a broad range of security and risk management topics, such as data protection, application security, risk assessment methodology, and risk frameworks; CISA or equivalent is a plusWho you are
- A trendsetter. You thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with leading edge technologies
- A teacher. You're able to mentor your peers and help our team grow
- A learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and greater understanding
- A pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technology's sake
- An empath. You understand what the customer needs and use that perspective to create the best user experience How we work
- With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don't encourage silos
- With agility. We don't believe in following a process for process's sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company
- With data. We use lean principles and flow metrics to increase transparency and predictability in delivery while collecting feedback for continuous improvement