The North Face ft Retail Lead Guide - Stock (Berkeley 60 Berkeley, ca)
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Berkeley
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The role of the Stock Supervisor is to manage the flow of merchandise in and out of the stock area, responsible for managing all shipments coming in or leaving the store, and assisting with other day to day activities as dictated by the store manager based on the store's needs. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Supervisor Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maximizing sales through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise while following all company policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the store merchandise standards and restocking merchandise.
- Achieve store sales goals and assist sales associates in achieving their sales goals.
- Responsible for the merchandise handling: process all store shipping and receiving functions, provide on the job training and supervising of the daily activities of non-sell and/or stock associate(s), maintain an organized stockroom, and oversee replenishment process. Ensure execution of all shipment receiving and processing procedures to floor ready standards.
- Maintain a clean, organized and efficient stockroom. Work with store management to determine most efficient stockroom layout. Clearly label all boxes, stock all items by size, and maintain stockroom efficiency. Maintain all processes and records involved in shipping/receiving for the store.
- Open and close the store in the absence of a Store or Assistant Store Manager.
- Ensure all delivery information is recorded and accurately reported.
- Work with store management to train staff on shipping/receiving and stockroom procedures to provide adequate coverage for these responsibilities when needed.
- Perform transfers of damaged and defective merchandise, complete re-tickets and charge sends.
- Oversee and execute markdowns in a timely and accurate manner. Audit markdowns to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate inventory and merchandise-handling concerns and/or opportunities to management on a regular basis.
- Be proactive in Loss Prevention and work with store management to address Loss Prevention concerns.
- Perform these and other tasks as assigned.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 1.
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and move boxes and product within a restricted space Able to safely lift boxes up to 50 lbs