Trade Area Asset Protection Manager: Bloomingdale’s Century City, Los Angeles ca
Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Los Angeles
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Leadership and Development
- Responsible for directing the overall asset protection effort and shortage reduction programs within their assigned store/Trade Area in concert with the APMs in each store
- Work with Central to the develop asset protection programs. Provide direction and leadership in roll out of new programs and initiatives.
- Work with Central to build, maintain, and enhance the credibility of AP
- Able to influence change to deliver results and support organizational goals
- Stand behind decisions and take risks with ideas, programs and people and stand behind that point of view with fact and expertise.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze situations, provide direction, communicate expectations and coach to achieve desired result
- Train and manage AP Executives/Staff in store/Trade Area to achieve competency in all areas of asset protection.
- Set and enforce the policies and standards of AP/company
- Evaluate the performance of all AP executives/staff in store/Trade Area.
- Drive results by setting challenging/realistic goals/objectives for APMS/staff
- Develop open lines of communication at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen and accept the opinion of others
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with others in mutual problem solving
- Drives performance through business relationships both within/outside the organization.
- Partner with TAVP/GM to support initiatives that drive sales, improve service scores and overall standards
- Analyze shortage results for store/Trade Area and formulate reduction plans that are sitespecific, actionable and measurable
- Manage and maintain the physical security controls and systems in all assigned locations ( Systems include CCTV, MPS, Alarms, and EAS systems)
- Work with Central Asset Protection to perform Internal/External investigations targeting theft/fraud activities
- Ensure store audit program impacts operational efficiencies and reduces shortage exposure
- Responsible for maintaining/adhering to payroll, expense requirements, and forecast needs
- Facilitate associate driven teams aimed at improving safety efforts and that drive safe work practices.
- Direct awareness programs to elevate associate participation in asset protection efforts.
- Ability to work
a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
written and oral communication skills, and creativity.
- Basic math functions
such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Strong multi-tasking & problem solving ability
- This position
involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time,
hearing, and talking.
occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve
close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing
computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual
dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve
moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Be able to work as a team player across different functions & departments
- Strong computer skills; high level of expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus