Training Supervisor, Distribution Center
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Moreno Valley
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the planning and execution of all training programs at the DC. This includes all Hourly training for Ross and Temporary Associates, as well as Exempts up to the VP level. The person must have the capability of both designing training processes & related materials, as well as facilitate the adult learning process with participants.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates the training of all new Ross and Temporary Hourly Associates.
- Creates the training plan based upon staffing requirements
- Allocates training resources based upon requirements
- Works with Temp Agency Coaches & Trainers
- Coordinates and conducts the majority of Exempt Associate training and orientation.
- Follows the approved curriculum for new SIT and MIT candidates
- Develops new materials as appropriate
- Required to document all training of DC Associates.
- When new procedures and processes are introduced, is responsible for determining the most effective training method to use in educating impacted Associates, and for officially documenting the changes in training materials.
- As needed, participates in cross functional DC projects to provide subject matter expertise in the area of training.COMPETENCIES:
- Costumer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Integrity & Trust
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Developing Direct Reports
- Directing Others
- ComposureQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Pushes self and others to obtain desired company results
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and assertively; and has the capacity to recognize own emotions and those of others
- Is widely trusted, keeps confidences, and is seen as a direct and truthful individual
- Can effectively cope with change and can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Is a people builder
- Develops schedules and tasks/people assignments, and evaluates results
- Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Is action oriented and not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
- Can be counted on to hold things together and does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough
- Familiar with computer systems and use of workstations for extracting and updating data
- Ability to work cross functionally, up to Director level
- Spanish/bilingual helpful, but not requiredSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:5-9 TrainersDISCLAIMER:This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.