Vans Customs Compliance Coordinator
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Costa Mesa
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
2. Facilitate a smooth and on time customs clearance by acting as a liaison between customs brokers and internal team.
3. Monitor and updates the company's global trade management system to ensure timely and accurate HTS classification.
4. Monitor and resolve issues in the company's global trade management and partner with internal and external resources where necessary.
5. Audit customs entries for correctness and log results in post entry database. Report findings to Customs Manager for any necessary post-summary corrections.
6. Assist in gathering and analyzing data to support company's duty drawback program.
7. Create documentation for export shipments to ensure compliance with customs export regulation.
8. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.Customs Compliance Coordinator: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
By joining the Customs Compliance team, you will contribute to the overall success of the Global Customs and Trade team by helping to ensure on-time customs clearance of the Vans products arriving to U.S. ports of entry. You will work closely with customs brokers, resolve issues that would cause delays and ensure VF is compliant with US customs laws and regulations.
In addition to Vans, you will have exposure to the other VF portfolio brands; such as The North Face, JanSport and Eagle Creek.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Customs Compliance, import or inbound logistics field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience working in the footwear and apparel industry preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to manage and organize large amounts of data
- Experience with SAP or other enterprise systems desired
- Ability to work in a fast paced yet casual environment
- Ability to enhance and implement 'best practices' with a mindset toward continuous improvement
- Ability to solve complex business problems with forward thinking solutionsSpecial Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 5% amount of time.
- Lifting and/or bending 25 lbs of weight.