Vans ft Assistant Stock Manager (Victorville 071 Victorville, ca)
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Bernardino County
Town : Victorville
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Brand Experience/Customer Service: Ensures excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. Ensures that store team is engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. Leads and inspires customer-centric culture by recognizing and rewarding teams' successes in partnership with the Store Manager. Assists the Store Manager in ensuring that store team is an active brand ambassador within the community through proactively seeking opportunities to engage with the customers and support or participate in community initiatives outside the four walls of the store. Supports store marketing events and grows relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
- Training and Coaching Team: Provides coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, and operations. Monitors, evaluates, and executes training programs in partnership with the Store Manager. Assists in organizing and leading store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. Ensures store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth. Partners with Store Manager to assist in setting performance goals for team for their personal skills development.
- Operations: Ensures that all company and store policies and procedures are followed and that the store meets all store audit requirements. Assists in creating and managing store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business within the allotted labor allowance.
- Visual Merchandising: Ensures the visual merchandising standards for the store are met. Implements floor-sets and merchandising directives in partnership with the Store Manager. Communicates with Store Manager regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. Responsible for ensuring that the store's inventory integrity is maintained through proper shipping and receiving procedures and by communicating concerns directly to the Store Manager as needed.
- Human Resource Management: Assists in attracting, recruiting, and hiring high caliber talent. Actively participates in succession planning with the Store Manager for open positions within the store. Assists in managing and coaching a high-performing team of customer focused associates. Under the direction of the Store Manager, addresses performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. Ensures on-going specific and immediate feedback are provided to the team. Assists in ensuring compliance with employee record keeping policies and procedures. Maintains the Open Door Policy.
- Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Ensures compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices, and company directives. Protects company assets. Ensures compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Partners with Store Manager to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet district and company shrink goals. Reacts quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with Store Manager, District Manager, and Human Resources immediately.
- Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the VF Corporation and Vans. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas.Assistant Stockroom Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Assistant Stockroom Manager, you will provide leadership and direction to the store staff and successfully execute company visions and values under the direction of the Store Manager. You will supervise and lead the day-to-day operations of the stockroom, including the process of shipmen within 24 hours, maintaining an organized stockroom and the flow of merchandise to the floor. You will impact the business by maximizing store profitability by assisting in controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and by ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, sustainability, and community participation are consistent and well executed. Most importunely, you will promote youth culture and creative self-expression to all internal and external customers.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Associated Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required; or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years in a fast paced retail environment
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
- Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store teamSpecial Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
- Standing required for entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
- Travel (less than 10% of time) Core Competencies:
- Coaching and Developing Others
- Empowerment Business
- Customer Focus Interpersonal
- Building TrustPersonal Attributes
- Driving for Results