Vans Global Executive Creative Director
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Costa Mesa
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.
- You will work with Integrated team to align creative concepts and executions of category creative
- Approves photographers, locations, styling, and edits from photoshoots.
- Partners with marketing counterpart, reviewing the creative brief to assure alignment Aligns concepts with strategy and helps set up presentations to marketing.
- You will mentor creative staff, helping them set goals and plan their careers.
- Identify and remain current on industry trends and technology.Global Executive Creative Director: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Our mission is to empower youth-culture and creative self-expression through action sports, music, and street culture. As Global Executive Creative Director, you will oversee multiple product categories, such as Creative Directors, Associate Creative Directors and Art Directors to assure their creative ideas are on strategy. Additionally, you will partner with the Global Vice President of Brand Creative on creative vision for Vans globally and storytelling through all regions. In this position, you will cultivate the marketing strategy, assuring it gets honed into a sharp creative brief. Your imagination will steer concepts into strategy, making sure all iterations of campaigns are reinforcing strategic message. To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market is expected. On a regular basis, you will collaborate with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product to make sure creative delivers on needs for retail and packaging. It is essential that you contribute your expertise in electing photographers and creative partners for projects.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A minimum of an Associates (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A Bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 8+ years design experience in an agency setting or design department is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 8-10 years related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
- 4-6 years of supervisory experience required.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Deep knowledge of graphic design and typography
- Fluency in current advertising, design, and fashion trends expectedSpecial Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 20-30% amount of time.