Vans: Senior, Art Director
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Costa Mesa
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Works with Integrated team to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- Directs commercial film shoots and manages film production.
- Leads photo shoots, both location and table top, including prep, styling, and editing.
- Film production experience
- You will bring experience managing a junior creative staff. Partners with marketing counterpart, reviewing and developing creative brief to assure alignment.
- Presents design concepts to senior leadership in Creative and Marketing determining the scope of projects and delivering the desired storytelling.
- Oversees studio to iterate approved concepts.
- Remains current on industry trends and technology.
- Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view. You hire, develop and support a team that reflects our global consumer population.Senior Art Director: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Vans is more than just any ordinary action sports footwear company. Our company values the voice of the youth, which is why it is powered by creative self-expression through outlets such as action sports, music, and street culture, to name a few. In this role, you will develop and apply the marketing strategy. You will formulate concepts, execute and design against them for ad campaigns in print, film, outdoor and social. To deliver high quality performance, intimate working knowledge of the brand and market(s) is expected. You will bring fluency and expertise in graphic design skill sets such as creating visual concepts and storytelling, using computer software or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and engage with our consumers. You will have control over the creative thought process of developing aesthetics for categories and branding for events. On a regular basis, you will work with your counterparts in Environmental Design and Product translating the approved concepts to retail and packaging. It is essential that you bring your expertise to elect photographers and creative partners for projects.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- A minimum of an associate (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4 year) degree is preferred.
- 4+ years of design experience in an agency setting or design department is required.
- If no degree is possessed, then 5-6 years of related experience in agency setting or design department is required.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages.
- Utilize a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects
- Excellent comping skills
- Deep knowledge of graphic design
- Deep knowledge of typography
- Fluency in current advertising, design, and fashion trends expectedSpecial Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 5-10% amount of time.