Vice President, Ecommerce
Vice President of eCommerce, Too Faced
Location: Irvine, CA
Reports to: Global Brand President
The Vice President of eCommerce will manage the launch of global ecommerce sites and ongoing delivery of sales and user engagement goals of said sites while developing tools and programs for all global sites.
He/She will be responsible for online marketing, merchandising, user experience, product development, and site operations. The Vice President will oversee a team responsible for the market-specific day-to-day online operations relating to ecommerce with oversight responsibility for operating metrics and key performance drivers such as conversion, qualified traffic and opt-ins, new buyers, repeat buyers, sales, average order and units per order.
The Vice President will work across various teams (Consumer Engagement, Sales, Creative) to create a branded online experience that is not only representative of the customer's offline experience, but takes that engagement to the next level by anticipating the needs and exceeding the expectations of a multi-channel consumer. The Executive Director will also interface with the product-related teams to understand upcoming product innovations, technologies and services so that they may be thoughtfully integrated into the online launch processes as they are unveiled to the marketplace.
The Vice President reports directly to the Too Faced Global Brand President and will works closely with the Brand, Consumer Engagement, eCommerce, Creative, Production, Analytics, International regional partners, Customer Service/Operations teams and ELC Online.
Strategy and Sales GoalsOversee creation and execution of the seasonal ecommerce strategy and ensure all projects support the Too Faced brand strategy and contribute to the global Too Faced brand sites.Collaborate with regional and market teams to incorporate and/or accommodate local strategies within the global brand e-commerce strategy.Lead business analysis of all programs and establish programs to drive continuous improvement.Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward.Provide leadership and direction to a team on all aspects of Too Faced Online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects. Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency. P/L ManagementOversee budget for key programs (Program development, Promotions, Email and Marketing, Search and Affiliate) to maximize opportunities and ROI.Manage daily sales calendar and monthly sales forecasting with respective regional or market teams.Support President with analysis of key business metrics and site performance.Calculate ROI for each program and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.Communicate reporting and analysis with key stakeholders to share pertinent leanings. Onsite Marketing & PromotionsOversee the development and implementation of seasonal online marketing calendars to marry the offline marketing initiatives and market-specific strategies. Create online only content and events throughout the seasons which enable a best of breed experience for the consumer while meeting/exceeding the weekly sales plan. Develop and manage the advertising and promotions budget for all such programs. Lead team in executing seasonal vision from concept to launch.Promote and execute best of breed online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion. Promote and execute quality assurance testing in order to minimize customer service issues and time to market.Execute all legal elements - negotiations, contracts, etc.Work with Brand Operations and ELC Online to take advantage of cost efficiencies for marketing and promotional programs. Oversee all promotional product forecasts.Work closely with Marketing, Public Relations, Special Events and Sales to optimize offline advertising and partner relationships in order to drive online awareness and increase opt-ins and revenue.Partner with Online Inventory Planning to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches. Retention and Acquisition MarketingOversee email marketing and acquisition marketing programs and communication strategy.Ensure online marketing strategy support overall esteelauder.com and brand strategy.Approve email calendar and segmentation.Responsible for SEM, SEO, Affiliate, and re-messaging programs. Develop new acquisition programs to drive awareness, engagement, and new customers to Too Faced Global brand sites.Forecast and deliver on volume, costs, and revenue targets for all acquisition programs. Integration with Brand Digital Marketing ProgramsOversee and support integration for Brand Digital Marketing programsCollaborate and lead brand digital marketing initiatives and integration to main siteOversee planning & support for optimal site exposure to elevate program for best interaction and consumer engagementProvide guidance as needed on special projects and site features to build brand awareness or support external web programs
- Must have a proven track record of 10+ years of database, direct and online marketing including at least 5-7 years in a commercially minded role. eCommerce or catalog experience strongly preferred.
- Must have a proven track record in running a successful ecommerce business that demonstrated significant year over year growth.
- Must be able to translate offline brand vision to the online channel and execute strategies that lead the company consistently towards that vision. Must mirror the values and positioning of the brand at all times.
- Strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, merchandising and marketing, and vendor selection and management.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Ability to identify, communicate and inspire an organization around the next generation of ecommerce experience to dramatically grow the business, and be able to work through tough issues and overcome challenges while maintaining good relationships.
- Needs to be a creative thinker and problem solver, thrive in fast paced environment, prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once, have attention to detail and work well with cross functional teams.
- Big-picture thinker and experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred.
- International work experience preferred.