Vice President (vp), Logistics
Country : USA
State : North Carolina
County : Guilford County
Town : Greensboro
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
HAVING THE BEST PEOPLE LEADS TO GREAT RESULTS.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE, LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO BE PART OF A
WORLD-CLASS TEAM, THEN CENTRIC BRANDS IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR YOU.
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including kids, men's and women's apparel, accessories, beauty and entertainment. Our portfolio includes more than 100 iconic licensed brands, including for kids apparel, Calvin Klein®, Tommy Hilfiger®, Under Armour®, Nautica®, and Lucky Brands ®; for men's and women's apparel, Joe's Jeans®, Hudson ®, Buffalo® and Hervé Léger®; for accessories, Coach®, Kate Spade®, Michael Kors®, Frye ® and Timberland®; and for entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Nickelodeon® and Warner Brothers®, among others.
The VP of Logistics will be responsible to both manage day to day operations of the logistics organization and develop the vision and roadmap to support the long-term strategy and future growth of the organization. Role will manage internal teams across the company as well as external partners including relationships with ocean and air providers. The role reports directly to the EVP, Supply Chain Operations.
- Develop long range logistics strategies to support the growth of the organization in a cost-effective manner while improving service and reliability
- Ensure strategy is in alignment with shifts in divisional sourcing and customer mix
- Negotiate ocean contracts and ensure capacity is available to support peak shipping requirements by Division and origin
- Develop and implement best practices to drive efficiency, reduce cost, and improve service
- Identify, develop and implement shipping visibility tools to proactively manage the logistics network
- Help develop, support and drive the shift of volume to alternative methods of distribution (DC Bypass, Transload, etc,,,)
- Develop and implement strategy to support the international growth of the organization
- Day to Day operations
- Import of approx. 250M+ units, 12k containers annually
- Management of ocean contracts including import logistics
- Manage allocation of containers within origin and carrier assignment to ensure divisional needs are met and in line with contractual requirements
- Create transportation capacity strategies and develop contingency plans to cost-effectively support varying levels of company sales and changes to supply/demand patterns.
- Work with divisions to monitor and adjust capacity as needed
- Ensure best rates are optioned to for expedited services when required (Ocean, Truck and Air)
- Partner with Finance to manage and report on all cost associated with logistics and develop strategies to mitigate financial impact as needed
- Develop and utilize key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics and periodic reporting to help drive execution, process uniformity and compliance across all divisions, regions, and with all transportation providers.
- Ensure ongoing carrier and factory compliance with operating standards and service level agreements.
- Standardize logistics processes, ensuring implementation of best practices across the department.
- Management of small parcel program for the organization
- Management of customs compliance program and ensure adherence to all governmental policies
- Ensure talent is exceeding expectations and provide development and coaching
- Develop customer service mentality for the team and drive to exceed expectations
- Build relationship and trust with cross functional partners
- Build team culture of continuous improvement
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in managing large logistics organization in a multi-divisional environment
- Apparel wholesale/retail/ecommerce supply chain experience a plus
- Experience working with Walmart, Costco, Target, Kohls, Major department stores
- Proven experience with managing large logistics organizations with similar complexity
- Demonstrated track record of successful project deployments with quantifiable results
- Ability to manage day to day operations, and multiple cross functional projects simultaneously and determine priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data and metrics to drive decision making and optmization
- Experience with Supply Chain Systems, including but not limited to ERP systems (SAP) Warehouse & Transportation Management Systems, and Supply Chain visibility tools
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skill
- Travel required (up to 30%)
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.