Vice President, Marketing, Aveda North America
Country : USA
State : Minnesota
County : Anoka County
Town : Blaine
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
In this role you will lead the development of the Aveda brand marketing strategy for the NA region to drive brand growth and increase market share by elevating brand awareness, consumer acquisition, retention and loyalty.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the 360 NA Aveda marketing strategy to drive brand growth and increase market share by elevating brand awareness, consumer acquisition, retention and loyalty.
- Develop marketing programs with an omni-channel mindset to drive brand demand, own brand equity development and commercialization strategies across all channels, inclusive of FSS, .com, Retailer B&M and retailer.com in order to achieve the brand's growth plan
- Oversee Direct to Consumer Channel Management and Commercialization (FSS and .com) including merchandising, promotions, profitability management, omni synchronization of DTC experiences, site technology maintenance and enhancement features for .com
- Create 360 marketing campaigns to drive traffic to salons, stores and online with a focus on sell-through, all while ensuring a consistent guest experience across all Aveda channels
- Lead the marketing team to communicate clear, inspiring, and achievable objectives and guide NA and Global Creative team to ensure strategic objectives are successfully achieved in all creative touchpoints including advertising, & in store experience, eventing, digital, and social.
- Continuously evolve the brand strategy to make sure we stay current with macro trends, maintain relevance and drive brand desirability.
- Build strategic marketing plans that support short and long-range business objectives using quantitative and qualitative data to inform this strategic work. Leverage insights and data to inform strategy planning.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders (Account Strategy, Sales, Education, Creative, Finance, Online) to deliver against the total brand experience across all consumer touchpoints and 360 offline to online integration.
- Lead marketing functional experts (trade, online, digital/social) to carry out seasonal marketing execution. Ensure every aspect of execution is aligned and supports the overall marketing plan.
- Own 360-degree strategy across consumer insights, POS/visual merchandising, social, media planning and execution, influencer, CRM/Loyalty and marketing analytics.
- Partner with Marketing COEs to execute strategic marketing plan; develop media strategy/brief, approve media channel plan, conduct KPI scorecard assessment, own the CRM strategy and monitor/provide brand unit economics to CRM COE
- Responsible for end-to-end Product Marketing (NPL forecast, product pipelines, launch cadence, strategic assortment strategy, partnering with account management to determine retailer needs, pricing and promo strategy)
- Responsible for influencer strategy, product positioning, brief development and final co-approval of content
- Monitor KPIs and brand health measures including insights into purchase intent, sentiment, customer acquisition/retainment/reactivation, growth of hero repeat purchases, conversion rates, market share, growing priority consumer segments, etc.
- Partner closely with Global Communications to deploy effective Brand Storytelling to fuel sales growth and Global brand marketing to share feedback on product innovation and product positioning stories.
- Lead, coach, and manage a high performing team. Cultivate a strong sense of consumer obsession.
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's or MBA preferred
- Digital Experience inclusive of SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, display and organic and paid search, e-commerce. Proven knowledge of SEO, web analytics, eCommerce software, and other digital marketing tools and techniques, social media acumen and expertise.
- Experience leading advertising process, ideally with outside advertising agencies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: can lead cross-functional teams at all levels of the company
- Strong verbal, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of creativity that pushes innovative ideas while guiding the team to connect with the customer and deliver
- Demonstrated instinct for strong storytelling (written and visual) with the ability to collaborate successfully with creative partners
- Excellent judgment and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Deep subject matter expertise in building and evolving a consumer brand through its various growth stages - including high growth
- Deep understanding and experience of multi-channel retail practices, advances and shifts in the marketplace and consumer technologies
- Developing customer-driven marketing strategies (i.e. based on consumer insights, competitive understanding, and brand knowledge)
- Deep experience in planning and executing marketing programs across the digital ecosystem.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.