Vice President, Visual Merchandising & Store Design, Travel Retail Worldwide
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Overall: Successfully build sustainable store design, visual merchandising and project management teams in all three regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), support, enthuse, guide and train.
- Store Design: The principle objective is to align strategically both regionally and globally consumer engaging store design and development for all ELC Brands in all Travel Retail environments and points of distribution.
- Visual Merchandising: The principle objective is to align strategically both regionally and globally innovative and exciting visual merchandising directive and guidelines for all ELC Brands in all Travel Retail environments and points of distribution.
- Project Management: The principle objective is to align strategically both regionally and globally by providing project management support on a corporate basis for all new projects/renovations/relocations achieving excellence in execution across all ELC Brands in all Travel Retail environments and points of distribution. Responsibilities Problem Solving -Creative problem solving with global cultural sensitivity to translate brand equity for 25 brands while understanding cultural sensitivities and space limitations. Create enhanced visibility to our brands in passenger focused environments that improve brand awareness to the unique traveling global consumer
- Requires a multiplicity of linguistic and cultural variations.
- Design passenger focused communication and unique self-select systems with improved in-store navigation
- Transfer LEARNING from each brand design, merchandising strategies and guidelines gives us a competitive advantage in analyzing the pros and cons and to continue to evolve and improve. Leadership, talent selection/development - Leadership is a critical skill requirement for this role for external and internal constituents -select internal talent to create, negotiate, and execute all projects and deliverables in our regions for all brands/retailers, on-time, on budget and best in class.
- External and internal fusing of specifications (criteria) and requirements (brands) negotiations and collaborations between Estee Lauder management, airport retailers, brand creative groups, regional general managers and brand managers. This is crucial to the complex chain of approval in a limited timeframe that is unique in this distribution. Decision Making - Independent original creative design decision making with high skill for having ideas and concepts accepted by constituents. Budget Responsibility - Significant budget responsibility, including employee costs for team and Capital Budget Independence of Action and Accountability - Given the unique creative skills required for SD/VM while this role requires a high level of collaboration and communication with global brands teams and TR executives, high level of independence and Accountability. Communication cascades are critical to success up and down the TR SD/VM structure and across global brands with individuals, our teams and TR regions. This role models behavior and action is the standard for the team and has become a benchmark for learning, development and knowledge transfer.
- 15 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Architecture
- Drafting and structural techniques, engineering, Drawing, CAD/ graphics, and reading of comprehensive shop drawings
- A strong knowledge of Architectural and Retail industry and regulatory standards
- Provide design inspiration and technical guidance to the teams by "getting into the field to show and do"-Ability to communicate effectively and work with multi-cultures.
- Additional skills: Outstanding design vision/ sensibility, aesthetics and form, sketching; the ability to inspire and work with others; team player who leads by example, outstanding communication and presentation skills to provide clear guidelines and examples to field and teams, excellent writing, organization skills with attention to detail; materials and manufacturing knowledge; strong follow-up skills and time management; planogramming knowledge is also key.