Visual Manager- New York City
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a truly global brand. Today the company has a total of more than 1,200 stores in 14 markets worldwide including Japan, China, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K. and U.S. In addition, Grameen UNIQLO, a social business established in Bangladesh in September 2010, opened its two first stores in Dhaka in July 2013. UNIQLO operates an integrated business model under which it designs, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality, casual apparel. The company believes that truly great clothes should be supremely comfortable, feature universal designs, are of high quality and offer a superb fit to everyone who wears them.
With a corporate statement committed to changing clothes, changing conventional wisdom and change the world, Fast Retailing is dedicated to creating great clothing with new and unique value to enrich the lives of people everywhere. For more information about UNIQLO and Fast Retailing, please visit www.uniqlo.com and www.fastretailing.com.
* Creates, orders, train and maintain brand standards for visual presentation, cleanliness and organization throughout the store to ensure a consistent customer experience.
* Plan and execute new item deliveries to ensure they are quickly placed and all garments are represented on the floor in full size runs with proper signage where needed.
* Partner with corporate to create, prepare for and implement seasonal merchandising presentations and manage new visual merchandising initiatives.
* Strong understanding of company plans, to create Monthly Planning with Store Managers/GM for layout & In-store presentation
* Partner with management to monitor merchandise sell through and replenishment utilizing sales reports.
* Partner with store management on key visual merchandising decisions that have an impact on store workload and sales.
* Ensure visually appealing and brand appropriate displays are created and updated to drive sell through and maximize the business.
* Ensure lighting and signage is to company standard to highlight merchandise and display.
* Support store management to ensure all store objectives are met (i.e.: customer service, operational initiatives, etc.).
* Manage customer needs and exceed expectations by utilizing the UNIQLO service standard, following the UNIQLO Fundamental Principles and saying the 6 standard phrases.
* Provide product and brand knowledge to employees and customers.
* Exemplify and enforce company policy and procedure.
* Assist with special projects as assigned by management.
* Partner with Store Managers to identify and resolve issues in the store.
* Manages VMD in-store presentation budget and find most cost effective ways to control budget
* Create and direct visual merchandising displays, manage priorities and execute initiatives
* Attention to detail
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Understand, interpret, and delegate based on HQ visual merchandising tools and direction
* Offer solutions to store specific visual and merchandising challenges using brand standards and HQ direction as a guideline
* Ability to identify potential Visual Merchandising opportunities and provide creative solutions
* Proven ability to create teams and partnerships
* Ability to train and develop a team
* Leads by example and is hands on
* Positive and professional attitude, is flexible and adaptable
* Ability to prioritize tasks and react to changing priorities
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
* Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
* Ability to stand for long periods of time, read computer terminals, push, pull or move objects of at least 25 pounds
* Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom by repetitive bending, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing
* Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the business needs, including evenings and weekends
* Overnights will be necessary in this position.
* Relocation may be required based on business needs
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 3 - 4 years retail visual merchandising or display experience
For consideration, please apply online.
Posting Notes: New York || New York (US-NY) || United States (US) || Store Staff || Creative || UNIQLO || EX:OUT || UNIQLO ||