Visual Merchandising Manager - Store Environment
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Collin County
Town : Plano
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
- Coordinates and develops communications for visual merchandising strategies, standards and Set tools.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Monthly floor set at our "Set Store". This includes merchandising fixtures, coordinating floor moves and working with the appropriate teams on graphics and 3D elements.
- Partners with GMM, Divisional Merchandise Managers, Buyers and Planning and Allocation to define opportunities, provide input with regard to evaluation and analysis of new merchandising programs in test stores and markets. Recommends appropriate action in response to these evaluations.
- Interprets and provides visual guidance on merchandise presentation objectives and merchandise assortments that enhance the look of the store and maximize the utilization of space by department.
- Communicates and implements projects through the development of merchandising standards, promotional plans, SET Communications and other similar communications within specified timeline.
- Assists in preparing internal planners and properties to support divisional objectives. Works with store design and suppliers (as approved) to develop quality cost affordable cueing, and visual support elements.
- Partners with appropriate Property Development, Store Operations, IT, Merchandise and Services Associates to provide support for the development and production (specifications) of Visual Merchandising programs, guidelines and standards for assigned projects; also special projects as needed.
- Limited travel required.
- 5-7 years of hands-on retail merchandising experience with a national retailer.
- Experience with store design and visual cueing development to support visual standards.
- Strong ability to creatively problem solve merchandising issues to ensure flawless execution.
- Demonstrates the ability to form relationships with stakeholders across the organization and to influence and build consensus with cross-functional team members.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize the work and manage deadlines, be proactive and plan ahead.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.