Warehouse Operations Supervisor
Country : USA
State : Nevada
County : Clark County
Town : Henderson
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Supervises non-exempt employees on achieving daily performance requirements.
- Administers policy and procedure within legal guidelines. Coaches work group to adapt to new ways of performing work to include understanding of legal ramifications of our policies, government regulations, safety standards, and consistently adhering to and administering policy and procedures.
- Manage costs by tracking costs against ABP. Provide input into projected plans. Conduct cost analysis. Evaluate safety costs against production goals. Use cost factors to effectively make sound decisions as well as identifying gaps.
- Manage production work flow. Utilize multi-warehouse systems to predict and direct workflow. Follow computer control commands to redirect workflow within warehouse systems. Understands how all parts are impacted by decisions to redirect workflow.
- Facilitates the setting of objectives and strategies along with daily tactical planning, budgeting and workforce requirements.
- Develops performance measures for work groups and clarifies inputs and outputs that will be monitored for continuous improvements.
- Schedules work for the daily activities of the work groups to maximize available resources.Required Skills:
Communication: Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Clear expression of ideas in writing and in good grammatical form. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
Conflict Resolution: Ability to resolve conflicts/disagreements in such a way to promote a win-win situation with the parties involved. Understands that based on the variety of experiences and values of the work group and work group members, differences will arise. A Supervisor is very sensitive to the feelings of others as resolutions are collectively developed.
Leadership: Possesses a genuine intent to foster the learning and development of work group members while promoting the creation of a high performance team. Able to lead work group toward an objective or goal while encouraging and empowering the work group to make decisions regarding flow of work through specified area. Understands one's influence on the work group, and provides direction to work group to insure requirements are consistently met for the work area/facility. Motivates work group towards goal achievement by insuring that work group understands how their work fits into the entire production flow of the facility and by providing continuous feedback.
Technical: Demonstrates an understanding of the order fulfillment process, facility policies and procedures, and intermediate PC skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook. Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand warehouse systems such as SAP, WCS, Red Prairie, TranMan, Laser Print, etc.
Coaching/Counseling: Develops a positive working environment promoting open and honest communications and trust among work group members. Understands in order to provide continuous feedback to work group members, specific behaviors must be described in detail. Listen with the intent to understand the situation, shows empathy, and can express feelings in a very professional manner without offending work group members. Insures production standards and policies are adhered to and counsels work group members accordingly should deviations exist. Partners with union leadership to work through employee issues.
Problem Solving: Ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, organizing parts of problem in a systematic way, making systematic comparisons of different aspects or features, setting priorities on a rational basis, identifying time sequences, and casual relationships or other relationships, in order to generate solutions. Trains and leads work group in problem solving activities.
Change Orientation: Ability to adapt to and work in a variety of situations to support the organizational goals. Appreciates new and different perspectives and has the willingness to align one's own behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of LS&CO.
Planning: Ability to effectively forecast future production/operational demands and to insure a plan of action is developed to support the attainment of organizational goals. Involves assessing capabilities, identifying resources, setting and prioritizing objectives, and determining critical paths. Insures resources are available for work group to produce on-time, quality work.
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.