wd dc Assistant Operations Manager 2nd Shift
Country : USA
State : Texas
County : Tarrant County
Town : Fort Worth
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Responsible for the daily activity and performance of all distribution operations associates.
- Provides guidance and coaching as required.
- Monitors performance standards and ensures associates receive quality coaching and performance feedback.
- Partners with Human Resources on all associate issues.
- Works with groups outside distribution to resolve issues (customer service, carriers, customs, etc)
- Monitors, tracks and resolves order processing concerns, driving issues to problem resolution.
- Assist in developing improved procedures for distribution operations. Partners with Engineering and IT staff to assess operations and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures OSHA regulations are followed and provides a clean and safe work environment for all associates.
- Enforces company polices in a firm, fair and consistent manner.
- Oversees safe-guarding of company equipment. Partners with maintenance staff to ensure the serviceability of conveyor and rolling stock equipment.
- Drive decisions that will contribute to the financial success of the distribution department.
- To hold the highest level of professionalism and integrity in every action performed on behalf of Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
- To use good judgment whenever necessary to ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. and its associates.
- Responsible for communications with supervisors and other key personnel between shifts as well as within a shift.Schedule Friday -Sunday 7a-730p
This position assists the Operations Manager in all aspects of distribution operations for Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company. The Assistant Manager, Operations assist in orchestrating the safe, efficient, cost effective processing of shipments to customers; ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timely shipping of customer orders. Provides leadership and manages performance across all departments four nights a week. Promotes company values, including respect, teamwork, and a culture of continuous improvement. Actively participates in long and short term planning as a key member of the distribution senior management team.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in high volume warehousing, distribution operations, and/or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated track record of career progression, consistently attaining more managerial responsibility and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership competency.
- Possesses strong desire to provide high-quality service to end customer/consumer.
- Ability to develop/implement efficiency programs to improve productivity and lower costs.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with engineered standards programs
- Ability to derive and utilize mathematical models.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.