Workplace Services Operations Manager
Country : USA
State : Massachusetts
County : Middlesex County
Town : Marlborough
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Manages the day-to-day operations of contracted services (i.e. security, janitorial, food service, fitness center, vending and interior landscaping).
- Communicates daily with on-site staff.
- Acts as liaison between TJX and contracted services in resolving internal and external issues and projects.
- Ensures vendor compliance by routinely touring the various areas of the campus.
- Conducts weekly meetings with each vendor to ensure quality service, issue resolution and open lines of communication.
- Attends Quarterly Business Review (QBR) with each vendor.
- Participates in contract RFP processes as needed.
- Oversees waste, recycling and composting programs.
- Tracks both waste and recycling volumes reporting to WPS management on a quarterly basis.
- Contacts contracted vendor regarding equipment or service issues.
- Schedules additional dumpsters as needed for special projects.
& Confidential Record Disposal
- Assists with record management and confidential shredding programs for each location.
- Coordinates weekly pickup of boxes and bins and arranges for any purging events.
- Acts as tenant liaison with all TJX internal customers and subtenants.
- Maintains ongoing relations to ensure that all issues of a contract or operations nature are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Working closely with the WPS Manager of Business Analysis, tracks all expenses and receipts associated with maintaining subtenant space per their approved lease terms.
- Participates in the annual WPS Associate Survey process and develops action plan with team to address any constructive/negative feedback received from TJX Associates.
- Tracks monthly expenses for each contract service against budget projections.
- Generates purchase orders through Oracle payables system for all expenses.
- Assists with the annual budget preparation process by collecting quotes for operating and capital budgets. Ensures that budget estimates are accurate and process is completed on time.
Special Projects As Assigned
- Specific projects may include assistance with TJX Associate moves/relocations; upgrades to physical security systems; annual evacuation training and drills; fitness center improvements; and cafeteria renovations.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Facilities Management, or other related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience in corporate real estate and/or facility management overseeing at least 500,000 SF in a multi-tenant building
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Cross functional team work
- Strong customer service in a multi-tenant environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Compliance and audit experience
- Knowledge of contract management, negotiation and service level assessment
- Lease administration
- Project management, analytical and technical skills
- Financial analysis
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of security access control and video management systems
- Strong PC skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Operations Manager, Accounts Payable, Database, Oracle, Operations, Finance, Technology